New York City, NY
City Living New York
Job Type: Full-Time
City Living NY (CLNY) empowers youth aging out of foster care across New York City to transition successfully into adulthood by providing essential resources and in-depth support. We stay with our clients through the critical first years after they age out of foster care to provide the stability and resources so many do not have. When foster care ends, our work begins.
About the Position
Reporting to the leadership team, the Office Manager will be responsible for ensuring that our office runs smoothly and that our team carefully delivers on our administrative commitments. The ideal candidate will demonstrate: 1) a remarkable attention to detail, 2) strong time management skills, 3) a customer-service orientation, and 4) a passion for administratively supporting colleagues.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a rapidly growing organization and will work out of our midtown Manhattan office.
- Maintain an efficient and organized office environment for clients and staff
- Manage client home goods inventory, pull orders for deliveries, and collaborate with social work staff to purchase additional items for clients
- Complete credit card monthly reconciliation for all company cards
- Create and organize a calendar of important dates related to insurance coverage, government documents, and grant deadlines
- Ensure accurate and timely upkeep of all donor data in a donor management system including entering gifts and processing gift acknowledgements
- Attend board meetings to record minutes
- Assist Executive Director in scheduling meetings and coordinating calendar
- Other administrative duties as determined
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of similar work and/or experience in an administrative role at a nonprofit organization preferred
Skills and Interests
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills are a must
- Fluidity and ease with technology
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with an ability to independently diagnose problems and come up with solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Genuine interest in CLNY’s mission of supporting young adults aging out of the foster care system transition successfully into adulthood
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com a complete application package including:
- A cover letter outlining how your skills and qualifications meet the position requirements
- Any salary requirements
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Organization provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status of a protected individual, or any other characteristic protected under any applicable federal, state or local law. For New York City employees, additional protected characteristics include creed, sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, familial status, alienage status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected under the applicable laws of the State or City of New York. It is the obligation of every employee to adhere to the spirit as well as the letter of these practices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, without limitation, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, lay-off, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.